Mozambique, Kruger & Swazi Discoverer
13 nights from £2,699 per person
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Take a journey around southeast Africa with this 14-day trip spanning three countries – South Africa, Swaziland and Mozambique. Navigating pristine beaches, fascinating national parks and breath-taking scenery, you’ll experience first-hand why the most discerning of travellers has Africa on their wish list. Along the way, you’ll spend time in the Portuguese-inspired cities of Mozambique, take dhow safari boats through Bazaruto National Park and take the world-famous Panorama Route to Jo’Burg. (GCL)
- Visit Swaziland’s first wildlife sanctuary – Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary
- Soak up the culture of Maputo in Mozambique
- Relax on the beach in Praia do Tofo
- Take a traditional dhow safari trip through Bazaruto Naitonal Park
- Go sightseeing in Xai Xai
- Seek out the wildlife on game drives in Kruger National Park
Arrive into Johannesburg and make your way to your hotel – you’ll meet with your tour guide and fellow travellers in the early evening.
Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary
Cross the border into Swaziland and take part in a guided birding walk. Mlilwane was the first wildlife sanctuary in Swaziland and has been a key part of the conservation of this region’s heritage. Keep a look out for zebra, antelope and crocodiles, as well as the hippos roaming in front of the Hippo Haunt restaurant.
Cross the border and head to the capital city of Mozambique – Maputo. Upon arrival, take part in an orientation walk which will include a visit to the municipal market, Praca dea Independencia, Iron House and the Jamma Masjid Mosque. There’s a rich history in Mozambique and the result is a destination which combines beautiful beaches with a fascinating culture.
Praia do Tofo
Day four marks your first beach stop of the trip with a visit to Praia do Tofo. On your way, head to Inhambane for an introduction to this charming town. This is one of the oldest settlements in Mozambique and is home to some spectacular scenery and beaches. In Tofo, enjoy the blissful coastline with snorkelling, diving or swimming. On day five, end the day with a beach braai (barbeque).
(Two breakfasts and one dinner included)
Vilanculos/Bazaruto National Park
Spend some more time at the beach as you head north to Vilanculos. On day seven, you can enjoy a traditional dhow safari through Bazaruto National Park and beach camping on the mainland. Depending on the weather, the safari boat ride is flexible, but you’ll most likely enjoy snorkelling and the beaches, as well as taking lunch on the beach and relaxing before heading back for dinner at the camp. On day eight, head to Bazaruto Island and hike along the sand dunes to 2 Mile Reef where you can enjoy the warm waters and go snorkelling.
(Three breakfasts, two lunches and one dinner included)
Head to the lodge outside Xai-Xai, where you can take a walk on the beach, enjoy a local beer at the restaurant or just relax and take in the spectacular scenery.
Travel to Xai Xai town for a morning of sightseeing which will include a visit to the Central Market. From here, you’ll continue on to the open-air furniture factory which is located under cashew trees and where you can local craftsmen practice their trade. This vibrant town is filled with shops, markets and great restaurants, making it a great place to explore. In the afternoon, return to the beach for a spot of relaxing.
Greater Kruger Area
Cross the border back into South Africa and stay in Kruger National Park for the night. On days 12 and 13, enjoy full-day game drives in the Manyaleti Game Reserve. In the evening, you’ll be treated to traditional dancing. On day 13, you’ll take to the world-famous Panorama Route where you’ll be inspired by the breath-taking scenery.
Travel back from Kruger Park to Johannesburg, where the tour draws to a close.
- International flights
- Internal travel: Private bus; open-roof safari vehicle; dhow
- Hotels (3 nights); chalets/bungalows (7 nights, some multi-share); safari park huts (2 nights); camping (1 night)
- 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners (Allow USD130-150 for meals and drinks not included)
- Wildlife walk in Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary (Swaziland); Maputo orientation walk; Beach time in Praia do Tofo (Mozambique); Beach braai (barbecue) dinner; Beach time in Vilanculos; Bazaruto National Park entrance; Traditional dhow (boat) safari; Inhambane orientation walk; Greater Kruger area stay; G Hope Africa preschool visit; Game drives in Manyeleti Game Reserve; Panorama Route drive
- Tour guide/driver throughout; local guides
- Small group experience; max 18, avg 14