Etendeka Mountain Lodge
Call us for prices & availability
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Situated at the foothills of the Grootberg massif, Etendeka Mountain Lodge offers some truly breath-taking scenery of northern Damaraland. This is a really great base if you’re looking to immerse yourself in nature – views of vast plains and flat-topped mountains come as standard. The lodge is made up of ten comfortable tents, each with solar-heated bucket showers and private verandas.
Dine on filling and delicious meals around the warming campfire, where you can take in the evening views of the mountains - there’s a small bar for sundowners too. The game drives and wildlife activities available here are great, such as open safari vehicles to give you the best opportunities for wildlife sightings and rhino tracking excursions. You can also take part in guided scenic nature trails throughout this beautiful landscape.
Top tip: Access to the camp is by 4x4 only - You'll be met at the collection point by a guide and then onto a 90 minute nature drive which takes you through the beautiful and rugged terrain of the Etendeka Mountains.
The lodge comprises ten en-suite tents.
Each tent provides:
- Private veranda
- Open-air bucket shower
- Flush toilets, and hot and cold running water
- Electric light
- Game drives in an open 4x4 vehicle
- Rhino tracking
- Guided nature walks
- Fresh, wholesome meals are provided and served around the campfire – there’s also an open-sided dining area with amazing views of the scenery.
- The lodge also provides a small bar for refreshing sundowners around the campfire.