Amakhala Game Reserve
Full Board from £182 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Only 45 minutes drive east of Port Elizabeth, this malaria free Big 5 Safari experience is an easy add on to a Garden Route tour. Sleeping only 12 guests the Safari Lodge is tucked away in a valley of indigenous bush at the northern boundary of the 6000 hectare Amakhala Game Reserve, its location is ideal for the best wildlife viewing South Africa has to offer. This intimate thatched lodge with its unique air-conditioned safari huts offers all the comforts of a luxury four star lodge and is an undisturbed retreat where you can regenerate your soul and tune into the sounds of nature.
To combine Amakhala with a stay in Cape Town, the Garden Route or even Kruger National Park, please call our African specialists who will be happy to put together a tailor-made South African holiday for you.
- Four safari huts with double baths, outdoor shower
- Two new luxury suites with private plunge pools and separate lounge area
- Morning and evening game drives by experienced rangers through Amakhala Game Reserve will leave you in awe of the diverse vegetation and spectacular scenery which abounds here. For a change of pace, enjoy bird watching and game spotting walks along the lazy Bushman’s River, a cheese and wine boat cruise or a sundowners canoe safari. In the evening, the fireside beckons you to share tales of your day’s adventure and to enjoy award winning South African wines and local cuisine under a magnificent canopy of stars
- Game Viewing to seek out the Big 5
- Guided Game Walks in the Private Reserve
- River cruise
- Children are welcome