Kariega Game Reserve
Full Board from £157 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Situated across 10,000 hectares of beautiful wilderness in the Eastern Cape, the Kariega Game Reserve is a stunning safari location. A family-owned reserve, we love the welcoming atmosphere here – it makes for a relaxed environment throughout your stay. Coupling pristine natural scenery with luxurious lodges, you’ll get the best of both worlds – home comforts and unforgettable safari experiences.
There’s a kids play area to keep younger guests entertained on your downtime from the game drives, as well as plenty of nearby attractions to explore in between activities. The wellness centre provides a revitalising respite, where you can relax with a well-deserved massage. There are private plunge pools in two of the lodges, as well as a great range of activities to do such as canoeing and fascinating safari walks.
Top tip: Break up your time spent on the game drives with a trip to the beach, at the nearby Kenton-on-Sea. It’s only a 15 minute drive away, and offers a change of scenery during your stay.
To combine Kariega with a stay in Cape Town, the Garden Route or even Kruger National Park, please call our African specialists who will be happy to put together a tailor-made South African holiday for you.
Each lodge offers:
- Air conditioning
- Private pool
- Private viewing deck
- Satellite TV
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Internet access
- Main Lodge – Relaxed and family-friendly, offering en-suite bathrooms and king-size beds
- Ukhozi Lodge – Intimate suites providing panoramic views of the valley
- River Lodge – Charming thatched suits with beautiful river views and a secluded location
- The Homestead – Private lodge featuring kitchen, lounge with fireplace, dining room, playroom for kids, laundry room and five suites.
- Kariega wellness centre
- Curio shop
- Game drives
- River cruises
- Safari walks
- Go golfing at the Fish River Sun golf course
- Head to the beach of Kenton-on-Sea
- Explore the history and architecture in Grahamstown and Port Alfred
- Visit Port Elizabeth for shopping, restaurants and scuba diving
- Play area with DVDs, books, toys and games
- Babysitting service available (Additional cost)
- Private plunge pools at the Ukhozi and River Lodges
- Kenton-on-Sea beach is 15 minutes’ drive away
- All lodges have a restaurant and bar