Pumba Private Game Reserve
Full Board from £147 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
The lodge is set amongst dense thicket overlooking Lake Kariega, home to a family of hippo and fish eagles. A male white lion has also just been released within the Private Game Reserve. Located in 6,000 hectares of private reserve, the lodge offers magnificent views from it’s terraced timber deck and outdoor swimming pool for cooling off from the heat of the day. The Bush Bar and floating Pier provide the perfect setting to enjoy a sundowner before dinner.
To combine Pumba with a stay in Cape Town, the Garden Route or even the Kruger National Park, please call our African specialists who will be happy to put together a tailor-made South African holiday for you.
- Pumba Private Game Reserve is situated in the heart of the Eastern Cape’s Malaria-free game viewing region, 105 km from Port Elizabeth and a mere 20 km from Grahamstown
The reserve has two lodges - the Pumba Water Lodge and the Msenge Bush Lodge. Each lodge features 12 rooms.
Each lodge offers:
- air-conditioning and heating
- tea/coffee making facilities
- mini-bar fridge
- binoculars, bird and animal books
- alarm clock
- mini electronic safe
- separate bath and shower, with heated towel rails and twin vanities
- private game-viewing deck
- outdoor shower and plunge pool
Pumba Water Lodge - Stone-walled, thatched chalets with fantastic views of Lake Cariega.
Msenge Bush Lodge - Glass-enclosed thatched chalets enclosed in a private bush setting.
- Guest Lounge with satellite television
- Game viewing Deck under thatch and open
- Pool Deck
- Directors Wine Cellar
- Big 5 game viewing
- Custom built, luxury game viewing vehicles
- Discreetly located Day Safari Centre catering for day visitors
- Dining is an experience at Pumba where our chefs create mouth-watering masterpieces.
- Private candlelit dinners can be arranged
- Game Viewing to seek out the Big 5
- Guided Game Walks in the Private Reserve