Sanbona Wildlife Reserve
Full Board from £206 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Located at the foot of the spectacular Warmwaterberg Mountain Range, the Sanbona Wildlife Reserve offers the perfect opportunity for you to experience fantastic wildlife whilst remaining in the Western Cape region. Visitors will enjoy a peaceful ambience and breath-taking views, and the staff here are incredibly friendly and welcoming. This really is an experience of a lifetime and the activities you’ll enjoy here give you the opportunity to explore one of South Africa’s most awe-inspiring locations.
Take part in game drives in the morning and afternoon in search of the amazing wildlife which thrives here, such as the Big Five. The surrounding area is also home to ancient rock art and geological wonders as well, giving you an insight into the history and culture of the area. Spend time stargazing in the evenings too, for some of the most remarkable views of the night sky you’ll ever experience.
Top tip: The reserve is close to Cape Town, so it’s ideal for visitors who don’t want to travel too far to reach Kruger or the Eastern Cape.
To combine Sanbona with a stay in Cape Town, the Garden Route or even the Eastern Cape, please call our African specialists who will be happy to put together a tailor-made South African holiday for you.
All lodges offer:
- En-suite bathroom facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Private deck or balcony
- Dykwa Tented Lodge: Well-equipped tents surrounded by amazing rock formations, with two twin-bedded luxury tents and seven king-bedded luxury tents. The lodge features a wine cellar, lounge area with satellite TV, Wi-Fi access, gift boutique and relaxation retreat with two therapy rooms. Each tent features under-floor heating, private deck with plunge pool and an en-suite bathroom with free-standing bath and shower.
- Godwana Family Lodge: Family-friendly lodge overlooking Bellair Dam, styled like a typical thatched Karoo homestead. The lodge offers an outdoor pool with a child-friendly shallow area, lounge with satellite TV, outdoor play area for kids, relaxation retreat with steam room and gift boutique. Each tent features under-floor heating, private deck with plunge pool and an en-suite bathroom with free-standing bath and shower.
- Tilney Manor: Surrounded by manicured, indigenous gardens, this area looks out onto amazing mountain views. There is a rim-flowing pool, relaxation retreat with steam room and sauna, lounge with satellite TV, Wi-Fi access, in and outdoor dining facilities, and a perimeter electric fence. The suites consist of three king-bedded luxury suites and three twin-bedded luxury suites. Each tent offers air conditioning, ‘his and hers’ outdoor showers, private minibar, fireplace and private veranda.
- Morning and afternoon game drives*
- Guided nature walks**
- Relaxation treatments
- Stargazing and storytelling sessions
- Outdoor pools at all three lodges within the reserve
*Please note children under 4yrs are not permitted to take part in game drives
**Please note guests under 16yrs are not permitted to take part in nature walks
- Visit the rock art sites dating back more than 3500 years
- Explore the geology of the reserve by visiting some of the unusual rock formations with a guide
- Go bird watching and seek out the native birdlife
Child-friendly facilities at the Gondwana Family Lodge, with a children’s playroom and ‘Kids on Safari’ programme.
Each lodge features an outdoor dining boma and lounge area. Tilney Manor offers both indoor and outdoor dining facilities.