Selous Riverside Safari Camp
Full Board from £203 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Sitting next to the gentle currents of the Rufiji River, Selous Riverside Safari Camp takes you to the heart of Tanzania’s stunning natural beauty. This charming thatched tented camp offers intimate accommodation, delicious food and a great vantage point to watch incredible animals near the river.
Based just outside of the Selous Game Reserve, the camp offers morning and afternoon activities including game drives and walking safaris, giving you a great opportunity to see the amazing wildlife in the Reserve including lions, leopards, hippos, elephants and crocodiles. You will be taken out by expert drivers and guides to give you the best chance of seeing these creatures up close.
The focal point of the camp is the dining area where you can catch up and share stories with others, as well as enjoying the excellent food on offer. Specialising in international and African cuisine, the camp is also happy to provide special menus on request to make sure you enjoy your stay.
Set a little outside the World Heritage Site of Selous Game Reserve, the camp is perfectly positioned to allow you to enjoy the true beauty of the African bush. The Reserve is truly a joy to behold, with stunning landscapes, colourful birdlife and amazing animals.
- The camp is a 30-minute drive from the Mtemere Airstrip and the entrance to the park
There is a total of nine standard tents, all featuring:
- Comfortable bedding
- En-suite bathroom
- Running hot and cold water
- Flush toilets
- Private veranda
There are 5 deluxe tents which all have private plunge pools.
- The main dining room is a large thatched building
- The camp serves international and African style cuisine
- The lodge includes two shared half-day activities per day (game drive, boat trip or walking safari)
- Fishing is also available seasonally
- Culture tours
- Swimming pool