Full Board from £516 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
The Retreat Selous is a luxurious all-suite tented lodge in the northern reaches of Selous Game Reserve in Tanzania. Offering spacious and airy suites with lovely views into the bush and over the Great Ruaha River, this is a lavish lodge experience that shows off Africa at its best.
The suites have been meticulously designed for both style and substance. As well as genuine African antiques and interiors using local materials, you’ll also find strong mosquito nets and lovely teak decks.
You can really make the most of your time spent here. There are game drives three times a day – the morning, the afternoon and the evening – giving you plenty of opportunities to see some of the world’s most incredible creatures. In the reserve you have the chance to see elephants, lions, rhinos, leopards, giraffe, hippos, crocodiles and so much more.
The lodge is based in Selous Game Reserve; a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the largest protected wildlife sanctuary in Africa.
- From the domestic airport in Dar es Salaam you’ll take a 45-minute flight to Sambazi Airstrip. Here you’ll be picked up and transferred to the camp, which takes approximately 30 minutes
There is a total of 12 tented suites all featuring:
- Comfortable bedding
- Private bathroom
- Strong mosquito net
- Outdoor deck area
- Antique bathtub
- Bespoke furnishings
The following suites are available:
- Eagle Hill Suite – enjoying breathtaking views from the top of the hill, these spacious suites are an ideal way to experience the wild side of Africa while staying luxuriously comfortable
- River Suite – there are three River Suites sitting on raised platforms overlooking the river, each with their own plunge pool
- Lion’s Suite – the Lion’s Suite is large enough to comfortably sleep a family, with a private plunge pool and a dining area
- Hippo Point Suite – the two Hippo Point Suites are the largest and most luxurious and are situated a little way away from the rest of the suites and The Fort
- The Fort Restaurant – located at the main building known as The Fort, this restaurant offering tasty dishes drawing influence from local and international cuisine
- The Star Bar – serving drinks and offering lovely views
- Large infinity pool
- Morning, afternoon and evening game drives
- Escorted safari walks twice a day
- Escorted boat excursions on the Great Ruaha River
- Senses to Africa Spa has a range of treatments available
- Internet is available