10 nights from £4,729 per person
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
The Antarctic Peninsula is a spectacular region with some of the most amazing scenery in the world – an eclectic blend of emeralds, violets and crimsons that are a far cry from the white expanse that you’d expect to find. You’ll pass vast icebergs, tranquil landscapes and amazing wildlife in the form of penguins and whales – this is a once in a lifetime experience. An 11-day expedition, this Antarctic adventure will leave you completely inspired and amazed (GM).
- Admire the starkly beautiful landscape of Drake Passage
- Visit the penguin rookeries of the Antarctic Peninsula
- Be treated to sightings of albatross, penguins and whales
- Enjoy some time in the world’s most southerly city - Ushuaia
Arrive into Ushuaia (arrival transfer included) and enjoy the sights and sounds of the world's most southerly city.
Today sees you embark on the MS Expedition in the afternoon – the morning is free for you to do a spot of shopping, hike up the Marshall Glacier or perhaps take an optional excursion to Tierra Del Fuego National Park. In the evening, enjoy watching the sun set over the Beagle Channel.
(Breakfast and dinner included)
Begin your Antarctic adventure with a 497 mile (800km) crossing of Drake Passage. At some point on your second day here, you’ll cross the Antarctic Convergence which is a meeting of cold polar water flowing north and warmer sub-Antarctic waters moving in the opposite direction. This is the largest biological barrier on earth. Along the way, you’ll spot numerous species of seabirds such as sooty Albatross and Cap Petrels. You can enjoy daily lectures from the team and will have the opportunity to keep a lookout for whales and vast icebergs.
(Breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
Antarctic Peninsula & South Shetland Islands
Over the next few days, you’ll experience some truly breath-taking and inspiring sights of both the landscape and the native wildlife found here – some of the most unique in the world. You’ll attempt two shore landings per day (weather permitting) and encounter Gentoo, Chinstrap and Adelie penguin rookeries, Weddell, crab-eater and leopard seals, and orca, humpback and minke whales in the cold Antarctic waters. Along the way, you’ll also learn more about the human history of this area as well – you’ll be treated to stories about the dramatic expeditions over the years to this remote and striking part of the world. You remembered your bathing suit, right? Depending on conditions, dare to do the Polar Plunge in the frigid waters of Antarctica - it will be an experience you will never forget! If you'd prefer head out in a kayak with an experienced leader to get up close to the natural environment (optional activity).
(Breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
You’ll leave Antarctica today and head north across the Drake Passage. There will be time for some last minute lectures, as well as bird and whale watching. Take some time to relax on deck and enjoy your surroundings as you make your way back through the landscape and gain some last minute spottings!
(Breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Your adventure draws to a close today – you’ll disembark in the morning.
- International flights, arrival and departure transfers
- Internal travel: MS Expedition; Zodiac; private bus
- Twin-share hotel (1 night); aboard the MS Expedition in quad-, triple-, twin-share cabins, or suites (all with en-suite bathrooms and porthole or window) (9 nights). Please note that all cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing. Suites have one queen-size bed
- All meals included on board the MS Expedition; Breakfast included at the hotel. Drinks and tips on board not included.
- Zodiac excursions with our expert expedition team; Lectures and educational programmes; Waterproof boots supplied for men's sized 8-14 and women's sized 3-9 (UK size); Expedition Parka; Antarctica destination guide book
- One Expedition team member per 10 guests