End of the Earth
14 Nights Small Group Tour from £3,299 per Person Including Flights
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
This truly tour takes you to Argentina and Chile – right down to the most southerly city in the world. You’ll visit the impressive Argentinian capital, Buenos Aires before exploring the stunning scenery of Patagonia and Glacier National Park. (GCL)
- Visit the wonderful Argentinian capital of Buenos Aires
- Marvel at spectacular Glacier National Park
- See the most southerly city in the world, Ushuaia
- Enjoy a cruise on the Beagle Channel
Arrive in Buenos Aires and check into your hotel. You’ll have the rest of the day free to explore the city and get to understand the Argentinean capital.
El Chalten/Glacier National Park
You’ll spend the morning flying south to the province of Santa Cruz and then transferring to El Chalten. Here you’ll enjoy a full day of hiking in Glacier National Park and see the third largest ice field on Earth. Then you’ll hike to Laguna de Los Tres and enjoy the scenic beauty – the next day is a free day to explore the town.
El Calafate/Perito Moreno Glacier
On day four you’ll return to El Calafate which sits on the bank of Lago Argentino. From here you’ll drive west towards the stunning Moreno Glacier, found within Glacier National Park. You’ll see a great range of wildlife here, with the chance to spot condors, rheas, eagles and flamingos. You’ll also sample authentic Argentinian cuisine during your stay.
Puerto Natales/Torres del Paine National Park
On the sixth day you’ll travel by bus into Chile where you’ll spend a relaxed evening in the pretty Puerto Natales before you journey into the jaw-dropping Paine National Park. Here you’ll spend two nights camping – a chance to enjoy the dramatic scenery up close. Your time here will be spent hiking – with moderate to difficult hikes lasting between 5 and 8 hours a day. You’ll be rewarded by the walks with surprising scenery and encounters with nature.
(Four breakfasts, two lunches and two dinners included)
Today you’ll travel down to Chile’s most southerly city, Punta Arenas. The city has a rich and interesting history. An hour’s drive away you’ll find the Otway Sound penguin colony who are around between October and April with chicks hatching in early December. Spend plenty of time exploring the city.
Today you’ll travel back into Argentina and reach Ushuaia, the most southerly city in the world. From here you’ll take an included cruise to observe wonderful marine wildlife and spectacular vistas provided by the nearby islands and islets.
(Three breakfasts included)
Today you’ll take a return flight to Buenos Aires and enjoy a final night on the tour.
Depart Buenos Aires
You’ll leave Buenos Aires today.
- International flights
- Internal travel: public bus; van; plane; boat; hiking
- Hotels (12 nights); camping (2 nights)
- 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners (Allow USD360-475 for meals not included)
- El Chaltén and Glacier National Park hike (full-day); Perito Moreno Glacier guided tour; Torres del Paine National Park excursion including hikes with expert mountain guides; Penguin colony tour (Punta Arenas); Boat cruise on the Beagle Channel (Ushuaia)
- Tour guide throughout, plus specialist mountain guides in Torres del Paine and local guides
- Small group experience: max 15, avg 12
Departure Dates & Prices
|Departure Dates||Prices From|
|14 Nights Small Group Tour|
|04 Dec - 12 Dec 16||£3299|
|17 Dec - 26 Dec 16||£3499|
Prices correct as at 6pm on 03 Dec 2016. Please call for final price. Prices are per person based on 2 adults sharing a room. Other durations available – call for quote. Saturday departures & Monday departures. Different hotels of a similar standard may be used on certain departures. Supplements may apply on dates within certain dates during peak travel periods. (GCL)
|Board Basis||Room Type|
|Mixed Board Basis||Standard Room|