Southern Explorer – Santiago to Rio
14 Nights Small Group Tour from £3,729 per Person Including Flights
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
A comprehensive look into the beauty and culture of South America, this 15-day adventure offers up a wealth of experiences to enjoy. Taking you from Chile to Argentina and ending in Brazil, you’ll visit some notable locations and be witness to amazing natural wonders, including the mighty Iguassu Falls. Sample wine in Santiago, learn to tango in Buenos Aires and head to the golden beaches of Rio, plus much more. (GCO)
- Begin your adventure in the bustling city of Santiago
- Take part in a cultural tour of Puerto Varas and enjoy a traditional meal
- Admire the views from one of the most scenic cruises in the world in Bariloche
- Soak up the city buzz in Buenos Aires
- Take a boat ride to the foot of Iguassu Falls
- Be inspired by the charming ambience of Paraty
- End your trip in the exciting city of Rio de Janeiro
Arrive into Santiago and transfer to your hotel – the remainder of the day is free to experience the delights of the city.
Today includes a full-day tour of the local wineries in the Maipu Valley, with chance to sample some of the wine, before heading back to Santiago for the evening.
Fly to Puerto Montt to transfer to Puerto Varas, which can be found in the picturesque Chilean lake district, to take a cultural tour of the Angelmó fish market. From here, take a scenic drive down the ‘Southern highway’ to visit the local community of Quillaipe. While you’re here, you’ll enjoy an authentic ‘curanto’ meal which is a speciality of the region and traditionally cooked in the ground under hot rocks. On day four, there is the option to take an excursion to Chiloe Island.
(Two breakfasts and one lunch included)
Travel by bus and ferry to Bariloche in Argentina to visit the Petrohue Falls, before taking in the beautiful sights on the ‘Cruce de los Lagos’ – widely considered to be one of the most scenic cruises in the world. There is the option to take a boat excursion to Puerto Blest as well, or the option to cruise the Blest arm of Lake Nahuel Huapi where you’ll be able to walk through the forest to admire the views of Lake Los Cantaros.
Fly to the exciting city of Buenos Aires to take part in a city tour where you’ll be treated to a number of delights, including notable architecture and the history of this area. The rest of the day can be spent at leisure – why not visit some of the museums or parks that are dotted around the city? There is an optional tango dinner show or the chance to take a day trip to the Tigre Delta as well.
Your visit to Brazil begins with a trip to Iguassu Falls, which borders Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil. This is a really special place with luscious green foliage emerging from around the thunderous flow of water – it’s not surprising that it was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1986. There’s an optional boat ride to take you to the foot of the falls, as well as the opportunity to visit the nearby bird park.
Fly to São Paulo and continue your journey by private minivan to Paraty, where you’ll visit a nearby Afro-Brazilian community to interact with the local people. If you’d like to, there is the option to take part in a handicraft demonstration or dance classes, followed by a traditional meal. There’s also an optional cachaça distillery visit or the chance to take a boat excursion around the bay to the nearby islands and beaches.
(Two breakfasts and one dinner included)
Rio de Janeiro
Continue along the coast through amazing scenery to reach the cliffs at Vidigal, where you’ll be met with your first view of Rio de Janeiro. Make use of the free time by exploring the city or heading to the gorgeous beach.
Rio de Janeiro
Depart from Rio de Janeiro today.
- International flights and arrival transfer
- Internal travel: bus; ferry; plane; private van; walking
- Comfort hotels (14 nights)
- 14 breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 dinner (Allow USD400-525 for meals not included)
- Winery tour in the Maipo Valley; Half-day cultural tour with visit to Angelmó fish market and traditional curanto meal; Visit Petrohue Falls; ‘Cruce de los Lagos’ lake crossing by ferry; Buenos Aires city tour; Tour of Iguassu Falls from Argentina and Brazil; Visit an Afro-Brazilian community and enjoy a local meal
- Tour guide throughout; local guides
- Small group experience; max 16, avg 10
Departure Dates & Prices
|Departure Dates||Prices From|
|14 Nights Small Group Tour|
Prices correct as at 6pm on 28 Sep 2016. Please call for final price. Prices are per person based on 2 adults sharing a room. Other durations available – call for quote. Daily departures . Different hotels of a similar standard may be used on certain departures. Supplements may apply on dates within certain dates during peak travel periods. (GCO)
|Board Basis||Room Type|
|Bed & Breakfast||Standard Room|