20 Nights Small Group Tour from £2,739 per Person Including Flights
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
An epic journey taking you through the geography, culture and history of Peru, this is a 21-day tour with endless awe-inspiring sights and experiences. From the mountain scenery and an optional flight over the Nazca Lines to the Inca Trail and the Amazon jungle, every moment of this adventure is breath-taking. Be rewarded for the challenging but worthwhile hikes with stunning views of the spectacular scenery along the way, with plenty of leisure time to explore on your own as well. (GCL)
- Spend time in the ‘City of Kings’ – Peru’s capital, Lima
- Visit the charming yet lively town of Paracas
- Explore the unique and mysterious Nazca Lines
- Take a dip in the thermal pools in the Colca Canyon
- Take a boat trip across Lake Titicaca
- Journey through the Sacred Valley and visit the ruins at Ollantaytambo
- Traverse the Inca Trail, winding your way to Machu Picchu
- Delve into the Amazon jungle
Arrive into Lima and check-in at your hotel. The rest of the day can be spent exploring the city at leisure.
There will be a free morning in Lima before travelling by bus to Paracas. This bustling town is a great place for sampling the local cuisine, such as ceviche or papa a la huancaina – a dish of potatoes in a chili cheese sauce. From here, you can also opt to visit the Ballestas Islands where you’ll see the array of sea lion colonies, birdlife and Humbodlt penguins.
There will be time in the morning for an optional excursion to the Ballestas Islands to see the wildlife and array of birds which call this area home, before catching a bus south to Nazca. Along the way, you’ll pass the colonial town of Ica which has vast sand dunes and a year-round sunny climate. Afterwards, visit one of the greatest archeological mysteries in the world – the Nazca Lines. This area is a series of wide-stretching etchings in the ground which can only be made out clearly from the air (this can be arranged if you’d prefer to see them from a light aircraft).
Arequipa is a traditional colonial city with a relaxed atmosphere and edged by the Andes Mountains. Referred to as the ‘White City’ because of the dazzling older buildings made from light volcanic rock, this is a charming destination that’s well worth exploring.
Travel along a rutted road to the Colca Canyon which is one of the deepest canyons in the world. The first stop is Chivay which is a charming village near the canyon where you can take a dip in the thermal baths, watch live Andean music and even sample a llama steak. You’ll also be able to take a tour around the canyon, visit the quaint villages and marvel at the miradors – scenic lookouts.
Travel by bus to Puno, situated on the shores of the Lake Titicaca. On day nine you’ll travel by boat across this lake. En-route to Taquile Island, you’ll visit the floating reed islands of the Uros people, followed by a homestay in a village on the lake’s shores. This is a great opportunity to learn about rural life in the highlands of Peru and to find out more about local Peruvian traditions.
(Two breakfasts, one lunch and one dinner included)
Today will be spent travelling from Puno to Cusco, passing beautiful scenery along the way.
Take a full-day guided tour through the Sacred Valley and the Ollantaytambo ruins, and experience the culture of this region with trips to the local community where you’ll visit a women’s weaving project, an indigenous village for lunch and a colourful artisan market.
(Breakfast and lunch included)
Inca Trail/Machu Picchu
Embark on a four-day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu on a demanding yet worthwhile excursion. Beginning in Ollantaytambo, you’ll trek through breath-taking scenery and varied flora, passing ruin sites such as Llactapata. From here, cross two more passes and end day three at the ruins of Phuyupatamarca which is known as the ‘Town above the Clouds’. On your final day, you’ll reach the goal of the Inca Trail journey – Machu Pichu. This striking landmark is breath-taking; take a guided tour of the site before enjoying some free time to explore. There’s the option to visit the Inca Bridge if time allows. From here, take a bus to Aguas Calientes where you can eat and relax before your train ride back to Cisco in the evening.
(Four breakfasts, three lunches and three dinners included)
Spend a free day in Cusco to relax and explore. For any guests still seeking some active pursuits, you can try whitewater rafting, horseback riding and mountain biking. If you’d rather unwind, head to some of the museums and colonial buildings to soak up the culture and discover more about your surroundings.
Fly to Puerto Maldonado which is found in the depths of the Amazon jungle. Travel from here by motorised canoe to the lodge in the Tambopata Rainforest Area, which holds the world record for most bird sightings in one area. You’ll have time to explore the jungle with local guides where you can learn about the diverse flora and fauna found in this world-renowned part of South America.
(Breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
Fly back to Lima for an optional final dinner and night on the town.
Depart at any time.
- International flights
- Internal travel: public bus; private van; plane; train; boat; canoe
- Hotels/guesthouses (13 nights); G Lodge Amazon (2 nights); overnight bus (1 night); homestay (1 night); camping (3 nights)
- 15 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners (Allow USD350-560 for meals not included)
- Nazca desert cemetery and potter's studio guided tour; Arequipa stay; Colca Canyon and guided tour of the surrounds; visit to Floating islands of Uros; Lake Titicaca guided tour and homestay; Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins guided tour with visit to a women's weaving project (full-day); Lunch at the Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco, an indigenous village; Inca Trail guided hike with cooks and porters (4-day); Handmade biodegradable soap products for use on the Inca Trail; Machu Picchu guided tour; Amazon Jungle stay at the exclusive G Lodge Amazon (3-day); Guided excursions with naturalists; Use of rubber boots
- Tour guide throughout; specialist Inca Trail tour guide on hike; expert jungle guide in Amazon
- Small group experience; max 16, avg 12
Departure Dates & Prices
|Departure Dates||Prices From|
|20 Nights Small Group Tour|
|27 Oct - 29 Oct 16||£2819|
|02 Nov - 10 Dec 16||£2739|
|14 Dec - 26 Dec 16||£3169|
Prices correct as at 6pm on 26 Oct 2016. Please call for final price. Prices are per person based on 2 adults sharing a room. Other durations available – call for quote. Daily departures . Different hotels of a similar standard may be used on certain departures. Supplements may apply on dates within certain dates during peak travel periods. (GCL)
|Board Basis||Room Type|
|Mixed Board Basis||Standard Room|