Amazon to the Andes
Call us for prices & availability
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Get a taste for the fascinating combination of natural beauty, diverse scenery and unique culture of the Andes with this 12-day adventure. Passing amazing wildlife, dense canopies and historic ancient trails, you’ll have the chance to immerse yourself in the treasures of South America. Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, visit indigenous villages and meet the locals, and scan the landscape for unique wildlife findings – this is an unforgettable experience in one of the most unique and breath-taking locations in the world.
- Explore the colonial city of Cusco
- Journey along the Sacred Valley of the Incas and visit the ruins of Ollantaytambo
- Spend four days trekking the Inca Trail
- Delve into the natural beauty of the Amazon jungle
- Enjoy a farewell dinner and night on the town in Lima
Arrive at any time and check-in to your hotel. For the remainder of the day, get to know the city at leisure.
Take an early flight to Cusco and enjoy a free day shopping, exploring the city and sampling the local cuisine. This is the continent’s oldest continuously inhabited city and a haven for culture and architecture. Visit some of the churches found here, the museums and the Coricancha ruins.
Today sees you take part in a full-day guided tour of the Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins, as well as visiting a local women’s weaving project in the local community. Along the way, you’ll also see the impressive Pisac ruins and the colourful artisan market where you can go shopping (market days only). There will also be chance to visit the indigenous village of Huchuy Qosco.
(Breakfast and lunch included)
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu - including Wayllabamba Camp, Paqaymayo Camp, and Winaywayna
The next four days will be spent hiking the Inca trail – this is a physically challenging but rewarding trip, with some amazing views along the way. Over the course of the next four days you’ll pass tropical flora, smaller ruin sites such as Llactapata, climb the steep path to Warmiwañusca, be treated to gorgeous views of Cordillera Vilcabamba and the Urubamba Valley, and reach you goal at the end of Machu Picchu. There’ll also be an optional visit to the Inca Bridge if time permits.
(Four breakfasts, three lunches and three dinners included)
Today is a free day for you to explore Cusco and unwind after your challenging last four days. You may want to visit some nearby ruins or wander through the museums and cobblestone streets, or if you’re feeling energetic you can go white-water rafting, horseback riding or mountain biking.
Fly from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado which can be found deep in the Amazon jungle. You’ll travel by motorized canoe to the lodge in the Tambopata Rainforest Area, which has an astonishing array of birdlife – this area actually holds the world record for most bird sightings in one area! You’ll have chance to explore the jungle with an experienced guide before flying back to Lima.
(Two breakfasts, two lunches and two dinners included)
Fly back to Lima for an optional final dinner with your fellow travellers on a fun night out.
You can depart at any time, but we highly recommend booking pre- or post-accommodation to fully explore this lively city.
- International flights and internal flights
- Internal travel: public bus; plane; train; boat; canoe; hiking
- Hotels/guesthouses (6 nights); camping (3 nights); G Lodge Amazon (2 nights)
- 11 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners (Allow USD150-240 for meals not included)
- Inca Trail guided hike with cooks and porters (4-day); Handmade biodegradable soap products for use on the Inca Trail; Machu Picchu guided tour; Amazon Jungle stay at the exclusive G Lodge Amazon (3-day); Guided excursions with naturalists; Rubber boot use
- Tour guide in Lima and Cusco; specialist Inca Trail tour guide on hike; expert jungle guide in Amazon
- Small group experience; max 16, avg 12