Amboseli Sopa Lodge
Call us for prices & availability
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
- No credit card fees for Visa and Mastercard
Set amongst 200 acres of private land in the Selenkay Conservancy, Amboseli Sopa Lodge has a rustic charm that suits the surrounding landscape perfectly. Offering fantastic views of Mt. Kilimanjaro, you won’t be disappointed by the breath-taking vistas from this property. The culture and tradition of Kenya is infused into every feature of the lodge, from the African-themed dining areas to the rooms themselves which are picturesque thatched huts. We love that this property is so family-friendly, with specially created menus and child-friendly areas to keep kids entertained.
There are varied meals to choose from in the restaurant, with a selection of locally-inspired dishes, infused with Asian and European flavours. If you want to get out and explore, there are numerous activities to choose from – take a trip to the Masai villages on a guided excursion, take part in a trek throughout the landscape or go on a safari drive.
Top tip: If you want a really spectacular view of Mt Kilimanjaro, head to the pool area at dawn – utterly stunning and tranquil.
The resort offers a total of 83 rooms, each with traditional Masai-themed decor.
Each room offers:
- Queen-size bed
- Two Presidential Suites, featuring private dining room, kitchenette, lounge area and a spacious veranda
- Handicraft market
- Gift shop
- Board games
- Nature walks
- Safari options
- Make the most of the surroundings and go on a hike
- Opt for a unique balloon safari
- Explore the sights on a bird watching trip
- Children’s pool
- Specially designed menus
- Babysitting service available
Two pools, one for children
- Mawenzi Bar – Charming bar with a huge central fireplace, traditional décor and Massai handicrafts
- Hemingway’s Bar – Offers 360 panoramic views of the landscape and a relaxing atmosphere
- Kibo restaurant – Serves a varied menu of European, African and Asian dishes
- Mawenzi Terrace – Set beneath a vast Acacia tree with recessed BBQ grills and a rustic buffet table
- Pool Bar – Poolside bar serving drinks and light snacks