Grootbos Private Nature Reserve
Full Board from £287 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Set in between the mountains and the sea, Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is a decadent eco paradise on the southern tip of South Africa in Hermanus. If you want something a little different from the classic safari, we think this serves as a great choice. Home to the ‘Marine Big Five’, you’ll be able to keep watch for glimpses of whales, seals, sharks and even penguins. Topped off with exotic flora, this is a truly beautiful place.
Be prepared for luxurious accommodation, gourmet dining and spectacular views – this reserve has it all. If you want to take in the natural side to Grootbos you’re well equipped – the rolling hillsides, mountain ranges and enticing coastlines are teeming with wildlife, flora and birds. The staff are incredibly friendly, helping to ensure that every moment of your holiday is a memorable one.
Top tip: Just 30 minutes from Hermanus and two hours from Cape Town, this is a great place to be if you want to explore some more of South Africa’s wonderful destinations.
To combine Grootbos with a stay in Cape Town, the Garden Route or even Kruger National Park, please call our African specialists who will be happy to put together a tailor-made South African holiday for you.
The reserve consists of the Garden Lodge, Forest Lodge and Villas.
Each room is air conditioned and offers:
- En-suite bathroom
- Canopy bed
- Separate lounge with fireplace
- Private wooden deck with panoramic views
- Garden Lodge – Rooms here are set amongst landscaped gardens in Milkwood Forest and reflect a classic African style
- Forest Lodge – Beautiful and sophisticated, the suites here are surrounded by breath-taking natural beauty
- Villa – Exclusive offering of elegant suites in a secluded location with a private guide, chef and butler
- Spa treatments
- Curio shop
- Beauty salon
- Horse stables with petting zoo
- Guided tours and walks
- Bird watching
- Land-based whale watching tours (Jun-Dec)
- Boat tours
- Outdoor pool
- Visit the nearby cultural and archaeological sites
- Take a wine tour to Overberg wine estate
- Seek out the Marine Big Five
- Go quad biking
Two restaurants serving a fusion of African and European gourmet dishes