Call us for prices & availability
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Enjoy the best of Belize on this ten-day tour of contrasts – exploring Mayan ruins in the jungle, immersing yourself in local culture in a coastal village, taking in the spectacular rain forest setting of San Ignacio and lazing around in the tropical paradise of Caye Caulker. You can tailor-make your holiday to do as much or as little as you like, with options including a day to visit the ruins of Tikal in Guatemala, a day sailing and snorkelling around the Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Belize Barrier Reef, plus shorter flashes of fun such as tubing through natural limestone caves or a sunset cruise. (GCL)
- Guided tour of the stunning Lamanai ruins set in the jungle
- Garifuna drumming demonstration and lesson in Hopkins
- Visit to Marie Sharp’s Hot Sauce Factory
- Enjoy two days in San Ignacio in the rain forest, opting to explore the Mayan caves or visit the ruins of Xunatunich, or perhaps simply admiring the abundant flora & fauna
- Catch the ferry to Caye Caulker for a couple of days relaxation in this tropical paradise
Belize City / Burrell Boom Village
Arrive into Belize City and transfer to the hotel just outside the city on the banks of the Belize Old River in Burrell Boom Village
Burrell Boom Village
Enjoy a full day excursion to the famous Mayan ruins of Lamanai on the shore of the New River Lagoon. This is one of the largest Mayan ceremonial sites and consists of over 800 structures surrounded by lush jungle. On your resort to the jungle resort, you will be able to relax at the pool, visit the spa or take a walk in the grounds to enjoy the local wildlife
(Breakfast and lunch included)
Drive for a couple of hours to the rainforest hotel in San Ignacio, and enjoy two free days to explore as much as you would like. Optional excursions include visits to the jungle ruins of Tikal in Guatemala or the Mayan cave of Actun Tunichil Muknal, or activities such as canoeing through the natural limestone caves. San Ignacio is situated on the banks of the Macal River and is perfectly located to visit many fascinating sites
(Breakfast included x 3 and lunch x 1)
Drive to the coast with a stop off at Marie Sharp’s Hot Sauce Factory on the way to break up the four hour journey. Arrive at Hopkins to experience the fascinating culture – this town is well known for its Garifuna artists, artisans and vibrant festivals throughout the year, and is called the friendliest village in Belize. You will be able to see a Garifuna drumming demonstration and take part in a drumming lesson whilst here and can opt to visit the Tobacco Caye and do some snorkelling, visit a Wildlife sanctuary or explore the area by bicycle.
(Breakfast x 2 included)
Drive up coast stopping at an animal conservation centre before catching the ferry to the tropical island of Caye Caulker, a truly tropical paradise. Caye Caulker is a relaxed and easy-going island, where the main street is a sandy pathway and you will find small bakeshops and seafood stands. The barrier reef here is the second longest, where you will find an amazing array of tropical fish, manta rays and sharks. Rent a bike and cycle around the island stopping off at beaches along the way and on day 9 you have the opportunity to choose a full or half day sailing & snorkelling trip to the Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Belize Barrier Reef to see the vast ray of wildlife here including angelfish, nurse sharks, stingrays and green moray eels – it’s really not something to be missed.
Alternatively, you may wish to take part in a sunset sailing trip, go diving in the Blue Hole National Park, take a flight over the Blue Hole and coral reef or simply enjoy the tranquillity Belizean style and chill out in this beautiful location. On your final evening there is a farewell dinner at a popular local restaurant included.
(Breakfast x 2 and dinner x 1 included)
Depart at your leisure, or opt to spend a couple of extra nights in this wonderful paradise.
- International flights, arrival transfer
- Internal travel: Private van/minibus; water taxi; walking (all transportation between destinations and to/from activities)
- Comfort hotels (9 nights)
- 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner (Allow USD320-420 per person for meals not included)
- Guided tour of the Lamanai ruins, visit to a hot sauce factory, drumming demonstration and lesson, Belize Tropical Education Centre, Howler monkey experience (San Ignacio), Belize Women’s pottery cooperative local lunch (San Ignacio), farewell dinner at local Caye Caulker restaurant
- Dedicated tour guide, plus local guides
- Small group experience: Maximum 16 people, average 12