Tobago holidays - Experience real Caribbean charm
A charming and friendly welcome awaits you in Tobago, where there's a slower pace of life that perfectly fits the bill for rejuvenating holidays. It is a small island – just 8 miles wide and 26 miles long – meaning it is relatively easy to take in the whole island and get a true taste of the culture. There is a mixture of large resorts and cute boutique hotels but no matter where you go you’ll find an uncommonly friendly atmosphere designed for relaxation.
A friendly island with a relaxed lifestyle
The smaller half of the southern Caribbean nation of Trinidad and Tobago, this little island packs a big punch when it comes to providing amazing holidays.
Caribbean people are often talked of as being completely relaxed and friendly, but the people of Tobago stand out even from the rest of the Caribbean for their kind, generous and laid-back attitude to life.
The culture of Tobago is rooted in African and East Indian traditions and has helped to bestow this highly calm and authentic friendliness amongst the people.
The beaches boast inviting golden sand and dark blue ocean that’s perfect for watersports and swimming. Accommodation ranges from cute guesthouses, great value hotels, comfortable villas with pool and a smattering of larger resort-style hotels – something to suit every holiday budget and taste.
Why visit Tobago?
- This is a laid-back island that’s ideal for relaxing – the pace of life is delightfully slow and it is not a commercialised destination in the same way that some of the Caribbean is
- The people here are very friendly – the genuine kind of friendly that has you missing their smiling faces the moment you leave
- Tobago boasts the archetypical beauty of the Caribbean; miles of beautiful bronzed beaches lined with palm trees
- The clear water and plethora of great dive sites make Tobago perfect whether you’re a scuba veteran or a rookie diver
- Most of the hotels here have shunned modern minimalism and opted for quaint styling – a very different experience to many holiday destinations. They are generally small, well-run properties offering an extremely friendly and personal service.
- There are also some lovely private villas with pool, which are comfortable rather than chic. These villas offer a great opportunity for a more independent holiday and to experience the real Tobago.