Covid-19 Travel Advice for Customers. Click here
Japan holidays - Full of culture and charm
Prepare to be enthralled and enchanted by the multifaceted country of Japan, offering everything a true traveller could wish for. Explore vibrant cities and ancient temples, relax at onsen baths, enjoy beautiful scenery and taste delicious food. No matter whether you marvel at the vibrant cherry blossom or gaze at the fiery autumnal leaves, Japan will always leave you in awe.
A world where modernity meets tradition
Japan evokes images of Geisha, onsen and tea ceremonies, mixed with modern cities and stunning scenery.
Culture lovers will enjoy energetic Tokyo, where modern skyscrapers and cutting-edge technology contrast with ancient temples and traditions. Families of all ages will love all the latest gadgets and great experiences. Venture further and nature lovers will find staggeringly beautiful scenery with perfectly manicured gardens, wide, open spaces, majestic mountains and glorious national parks. Adventure seekers will find opportunities for hiking, outdoor activities and winter sports. Foodies will be in 7th heaven, sampling some of the world’s best cuisine.
Japan consists of four main islands: Honshu in central Japan; home to Tokyo, Kyoto and Mount Fuji. Hokkaido in northern Japan for rural mountain adventures. Shikoku and Kyushu in southern Japan for onsen springs and hiking among dramatic scenery.
Why visit Japan?
- Cherry blossom is one of the most coveted natural sights to see in the world - check out our guide for when to visit to see this phenomenon
- Discover many temples rich in culture and history, including Todaji Temple with its throngs of friendly deer patiently waiting for crackers
- The cuisine in Japan is divine - from fresh sushi, to yakitori and udon, you can spend your whole holiday trying authentic Japanese favourites
- Be transported into the future with Japan's ultra-modern and sophisticated technology
- Japan is steeped in tradition, and there are many ways for you to explore these, including visiting zen gardens, bathing in an onsen, and making your own soba noodles