British Virgin Island holidays - Captivating views and a relaxed, friendly vibe
Beautiful tropical climate, endless stretches of golden sand, friendly locals, duty-free shopping and delicious West Indian food – it’s not hard to see why the British Virgin Islands (BVI) are so popular.
Unfortunately the resorts featured below are currently closed due to the severity of Hurricane Irma in September 2017. Please contact one our Travel Experts if you require more information.
The British Virgin Islands - A water baby's paradise
Discover the beautiful British Virgin Islands
In the North West corner of the Caribbean, the British Virgin Islands (BVIs) are made up of more than 40 islands and keys with the majority uninhabited.
The BVIs are a British overseas territory, having been ruled by the British since 1672 but you’ll find surprisingly little evidence of British culture hanging around – even less than places like Antigua. Instead the BVIs present their own Caribbean paradise complete with beautiful beaches and year-round sunshine.
There are four major islands that are a part of the BVIs. These include Tortola, the industrious island, with bustling capital Road Town and rolling green hills. Jost Van Dyke is friendlier and styles itself on the good times – this is definitely the place to come if you’re looking to party. Virgin Gorda is an unspoiled slice of Caribbean heaven, while Anegada is perhaps the most virginal of all the Virgin Islands, and worth a day trip on anyone’s itinerary.
It’s still strongly Christian (around 95%) and retains quite traditional views, but that doesn’t mean it can’t let its hair down and have some fun.
Why visit the British Virgin Islands?
- A destination to suit every taste – Tortola has the shops and the luxurious amenities, Virgin Gorda has the natural beauty, Jost Van Dyke has the parties
- Whether you’re a beginner looking for great accomplishments or a veteran looking for new experiences, the BVIs are world class when it comes to scuba diving
- Mile after mile of beautiful beaches – each more secluded and deserted than the last
- This is one of the areas of the Caribbean that has been least overdeveloped by tourism – it’s beautiful and virginal
- Sailing enthusiasts will find their heaven-on-Earth here
Inspired? Tropical Sky also arranges Caribbean holidays in other destinations including Barbados, Mexico, Jamaica, Antigua, St Lucia, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Grenadines, Cuba, Tobago, Cayman Islands, Aruba, Anguilla and St Kitts and Nevis.