Hong Kong holidays - An amazing city with unique charm
Hong Kong presents a glorious introduction to Asia. This sprawling metropolis boasts amazing food, stunning skyscrapers and some of the most amazing shopping around. Whether you’re after a luxury holiday with spa pampering and other delights or an adventure holiday exploring the city’s enigmatic history, buzzing streetscapes and cultural idiosyncrasies, Hong Kong has much to offer anyone.
Explore the highlights of Hong Kong - where east meets west
A vibrant destination where city dwellers thrive
Hong Kong is a sensory overload in the nicest possible way. Located on China’s south-eastern coast it can, at first, seem a little overwhelming; fluorescent, boisterous and unconditionally crowded. But this is only temporary, and beneath the surface of this hectic hubbub façade you’ll find luxurious hotels and relaxing spas. It offers a unique collision of East and West, full of surprises and constantly keeping you on your toes.
Contrary to popular belief, Hong Kong isn’t a city. It’s actually more of a city-state that hangs off the edge of China near the city of Guangzhou.
It is an economic powerhouse – a land of towering skyscrapers and intense hustle and hubbub, perfecting for a luxurious shopping holiday. But Hong Kong has a softer side too; it is made up of hundreds of islands and most are virgin and unspoiled.
The majority of the population is ethnic Chinese, but a lingering culture remains from when Hong Kong was a British overseas territory.
Why visit Hong Kong?
- Relax, refresh and rejuvenate your body at one of Hong Kong’s luxurious spa hotels
- This is the ultimate blend of East with West and old with new
- Unsurprisingly, there are plenty of great options for city centre shopping
- The island of Lantau contains Hong Kong Disneyland
- The fantastic natural scenery found in the New Territories and Lantau can make a lovely change if the city gets too much