Current Travel Advice for Customers.Click here
Hong Kong holidays - An amazing city with unique charm
Hong Kong presents a glorious introduction to Asia. This sprawling metropolis boasts amazing food, stunning skyscrapers and some of the most amazing shopping around. Whether you’re after a luxury holiday with spa pampering and other delights or an adventure holiday exploring the city’s enigmatic history, buzzing streetscapes and cultural idiosyncrasies, Hong Kong has much to offer anyone.
A vibrant destination where city dwellers thrive
Hong Kong is a sensory overload in the nicest possible way. Located on China’s south-eastern coast it can, at first, seem a little overwhelming; fluorescent, boisterous and unconditionally crowded. But this is only temporary, and beneath the surface of this hectic hubbub façade you’ll find luxurious hotels and relaxing spas. It offers a unique collision of East and West, full of surprises and constantly keeping you on your toes.
Contrary to popular belief, Hong Kong isn’t a city. It’s actually more of a city-state that hangs off the edge of China near the city of Guangzhou.
It is an economic powerhouse – a land of towering skyscrapers and intense hustle and hubbub, perfecting for a luxurious shopping holiday. But Hong Kong has a softer side too; it is made up of hundreds of islands and most are virgin and unspoiled.
The majority of the population is ethnic Chinese, but a lingering culture remains from when Hong Kong was a British overseas territory.
Why visit Hong Kong?
- Relax, refresh and rejuvenate your body at one of Hong Kong’s luxurious spa hotels
- This is the ultimate blend of East with West and old with new
- Unsurprisingly, there are plenty of great options for city centre shopping
- The island of Lantau contains Hong Kong Disneyland
- The fantastic natural scenery found in the New Territories and Lantau can make a lovely change if the city gets too much