Careers and Internships at Tropical Sky
Are you enthusiastic about travel, dedicated to delivering brilliant customer service, and fancy working in a fun and relaxed environment? Then we would love to have you on board.
Tropical Sky is a friendly family owned and managed medium sized tour operator, helping around 30,000 people a year embark on wonderful, bespoke trips all around the globe. We're experts in travel, using our knowledge and personal experiences to create that tailor-made experience everyone craves when booking their holiday.
Our bright and colourful offices are based in East Grinstead, West Sussex as well as Dublin and Co. Kerry in Ireland. There's also opportunity to work remotely. We are proud to work at Tropical Sky and with our fun ethos and empowered passion for travel, all of our staff members are dedicated to the success of the company.
We are constantly expanding and creating new roles, so for an exciting career opportunity or internship, contact us and share our passion in travel.
Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Application close date: 16 December 2019
Start Date: Immediate
Reporting into the Programme Director, with responsibility of one defined geographical area and supporting the commercial performance and product management of all areas in general. The successful candidate on this region will be expected to provide strong sales support in training and support product team in all aspects of programme development.
Focus region: USA & Canada
Primary Role Requirements
- Support the Programme Director in new product development, including sourcing copy and images, and assisting with web presentation
- Maintain hotel & destination descriptions on all company websites within region, including hotel information, special offers and key messages
- Support the marketing team with provision product briefs, images, content and offers, assist with sign off and approval of marketing and web activity
- Provide Sales support with product and commercial queries
- Brief sales on key product offers and opportunities to drive sales on an ongoing basis
- Ensure loaded inventory and pricing is up to date across the region, and providing pricing support as needed
- Maintain and react to competitor analysis on all featured product
- Collate and distribute monthly stats reports
- Assist in resolution of any reservations, accounts or customer services issues
- Drive and support the delivery of agreed regional targets, working with colleagues to achieve company goals
- Support trading needs of all other geographical areas on an adhoc basis
- Support Product Manager in supplier discussions and communication as required
- Previous product and/ or commercial experience in a tour operator role
- Good product knowledge of North America
- Good communication skills
- Numerate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent understanding and application of English language both oral and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and an outgoing, approachable personality
- Ability to work in a busy and pressured environment
- Hardworking and able to learn quickly new procedures and business disciplines
- Flexible approach to team work as well as self-starter able to work on own
- Strong team ethic, providing assistance when colleagues absent
- Willingness to work flexible hours with evening and weekend/bank holiday shifts
To find out more about this exciting new opportunity please email your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Holiday Travel Sales Consultants
Salary: Up to £30k OTE
Location: East Grinstead or Home Based
Tropical Sky is one of the UK's fastest growing Travel Companies, selling a diverse range of holidays throughout the world. We are currently recruiting for more Sales Staff.
Product training is ongoing in the designated area, to ensure the person is able to give excellent advice to our clients. Regular familiarisation trips will take place each year, so Specialist Consultants have current first-hand knowledge of the destination. We also offer full in-house training in our modern offices.
The Ideal Candidate:
Suitable candidates would have travelled to some long haul destinations and have a real passion for sharing their knowledge with our valued clients. Ideally have 2 years’ experience selling holidays and outstanding specialist destination knowledge. Confidence on the telephone is a must with a real hunger for success. Flexibility is paramount to cover a variety of shifts that primarily finish at 9pm and weekends.
- Receiving customer enquiries by telephone and e-mail to book long haul holidays
- Making outbound calls to previous customers to advise and assist on holiday choices
- Follow up on all quotes made
- Assist colleagues’ customers as required
- Aim to achieve company conversion required per destination
- Balance chasing as required
- Attend shows, functions, familiarisation trips and workshops as required
- Any other tasks required by the role
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of English language both oral and written
- Prior experience in long haul sales a huge advantage but not essential
- A strong sales background
- Strong interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality
To find out more about this exciting new opportunity please email your C.V. to email@example.com