Realm of the Polar Bear
7 nights from £3,949 per person - available 2018 & 2019
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Arctic landscapes are among the most breath-taking and unique in the world – this 8-day tour takes you on an exciting journey through its many highlights, in search of the wildlife and stunning scenery. You won’t just explore this region by ship, but also via Zodiac and on foot to give you the best opportunities to experience all that the Arctic has to offer. From grazing reindeer to bird colonies and polar bears, this is one of the most extraordinary parts of the world that is only explored a few months of the year. (GM)
Longyearbyen in the Norwegian Arctic
Your polar adventure begins today – embark the MS Expedition in the afternoon and depart Longyearbyen in the evening.
Svalbard and Spitsbergen
Over the course of the next few days, you’ll journey through ice-covered fjords and stunning glaciers. There will be time to explore the breath-taking mountain scenery and seek out the native wildlife, such as polar bears hunting seals. You may also have the opportunity to see arctic foxes and Svalbard’s reindeer – each day’s activities will depend on the ice conditions and weather.
If you’re travelling early in the season, there will be fantastic views of large ice flows in the Arctic pack ice, so wildlife sightings are generally really good. If you’re travelling later in the season, you’ll cover more territory which means you’ll see more of the archipelago, such as the lesser-explored regions of Nordaustlandet and Kvitøya.
For a closer view of the scenery and wildlife you can hop into a Zodiac and will be brought to land to visit the historical sites and the tundra. Eyes are always pealed for polar bears as they can be found throughout the region although finding them often requires patience and persistence - join us on the search!
(Breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
Today marks the last day of your adventure – a transfer will be offered to the Longyearbyen airport for all travellers with flights scheduled after 4am.
- International flights, Arrival transfer
- Internal travel: MS Expedition; Zodiac; local bus
- Aboard the MS Expedition in quad-, triple-, twin-share cabins, or suites (all with en-suite bathrooms and porthole or window) (7 nights). Please note that all cabins consist of twin-size berths and are ocean-facing; Suites have 1 queen bed
- All meals included aboard the MS Expedition
- Zodiac excursions with our expert expedition team; Lectures and educational programmes; Waterproof boots supplied for men's sizes 8-14 and women's sizes 3-9; Expedition parka; Arctic destination guidebook
- 1 Expedition team member per 10 guests
MS Expedition Cabin Categories
There are 5 category of cabin.
- Category 5 - 4 Suites offering floor to ceiling windows, separate living and sleeping areas. Approx 30sqm. Located on deck 4
- Category 4 - 2 Lower berths with private en suite facilities. Approx 15 sqm. Located on deck 4
- Category 3 - 2 Lower berths with private en suite facilities and a large window. Approx 15 sqm. Located on deck 3
- Category 2 - Triple room....Lower berths with private en suite facilities and a porthole window. Approx 15 sqm. Located on deck 2
- Category 1 - Quad Room....2 Lower berths, 2 Upper berths with private en suite facilities and a porthole view. Approx 15sqm. Located on deck 2