Discover a blissful oasis of breath-taking scenery, rich, ancient culture and a magnificent diversity of native wildlife on an incredible 10-day tour of Indonesia’s ‘Flower Island’ and Komodo National Park, promising to leave memories you will cherish forever. Indonesia’s spectacular islands are scattered like gems across the Indian Ocean, each offering a little pocket of tropical paradise where soaring volcanoes overlook charming seaside towns, and ancient indigenous tribes keep their traditions deep within the luscious rainforest valleys.
Starting and ending in the quaint fishing town of Labuan Bajo, a well-known gateway to Komodo Island, we think this tour is ideally suited to those looking for an escape into some of the planet’s most dramatic, unspoiled scenery – set completely away from the modern world. You’ll spend three days soaking up the outstanding backdrop of powdery pink, black and white sand beaches, sparkling azure sea and a magnificent array of wildlife in Komodo National Park, drawing a focus on the prehistoric, gigantic komodo dragons. There will be plentiful opportunity to snorkel and swim around the islands’ underwater paradises in search of sea turtles, manta rays and tropical reef fish before heading to Flores.
Hike deep into the rainforest to spend a night in an ancient tribal village named Wae Rebo, where you’ll join the locals for a welcome ceremony, home-cooked meal and cultural performance, before heading to the picturesque, mountain-fed hot springs of Bajawa to unwind. From here, you’ll enjoy plenty more opportunities to immerse in the fascinating culture and sublime scenery of the region with a tour of three villages in Ngada, a picturesque drive along the scenic coast and stunning rice paddies to Moni, and a magnificent sunrise trek to Mt Kelimutu before your Indonesian adventure draws to an end. (DA)
- Soak up the spectacular scenery of pristine pink beaches, clear, shallow waters and verdant rolling hills within the archipelago of Komodo National Park
- Embark on a two-hour photography safari on Komodo Island, looking out for the gigantic, prehistoric komodo dragons and other reptiles including geckos and green turtles
- Snorkel the spectacular underwater paradise of Taka Makassar and Manta Ray, adorned in vibrant coral, tropical reef fish and majestic turtles
- Spend the night in an ancient tribal village secluded in the rainforest, joining the locals in a welcome ceremony, meal, coffee and cultural performance
- Soak in the soothing mountain-fed Mengeruda Hot Springs in Bajawa, said to hold medicinal properties
- Explore the impressive stone formations, tall thatched huts and ancestral shrines on a guided tour in the small village of Bena, before spending time with the locals immerse in the rich culture and traditions
- Climb up Mount Kelimutu to the crater viewpoints, showcasing views over the dazzling crater lakes which shift colour in the early morning light
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
- Hassle-free - book direct quickly and easily
- Choice of airlines and the option to switch
- A friendly, family run business with a wealth of experience.
- Great deals on offer for multiple destinations
- No amendment fees
- Low deposits