Protea Hotel O.R. Tambo
Bed & Breakfast from £43 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
- No credit card fees for Visa and Mastercard
Completely restful and relaxed, Protea Hotel O.R. Tambo offers a perfect retreat for a stopover or a short stay in Johannesburg. Literally across the road from O.R. Tambo International Airport, the hotel has all the facilities you need for a tranquil and revitalising stay near the city.
There’s a stylish bar with aircraft wing for a counter top where you can sit and sip cocktails while you make use of the free Wi-Fi that runs throughout the hotel. And it’s also worth noting that the good sound-proofing means there is no plane noise despite its proximity to the airport.
Top Tip: The Warehouse is the restaurant on site offering a fusion of international cuisines. It’s fantastic to have a lovely restaurant based at the hotel, especially after a long flight when you might not feel like trying to find somewhere to eat. And if you’re just too jetlagged to eat in a restaurant, there is 24-hour room service.
There is a total of 213 rooms all featuring:
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- LCD flat-screen TV
- Free Wi-Fi (up to 100mb per day)
- Safe with space to fit laptops
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Soundproof windows
- Work desk
- Free parking
- Free airport shuttle service
- Swim in the pool
- 24-hour gym
- The Warehouse – international cuisine
- Stylish bar offering a number of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- 24-hour room service