Occidental at Xcaret Destination Resort
7 nights All Inclusive from £899 per Person Including Flights
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
The Occidental at Xcaret Destination (formally Occidental Grand Xcaret) is one of the gems of Cancun. Located close to Xcaret eco-archaeological park and Playa del Carmen, it is one of our most popular resorts. We love the resort for its incredible size; five bar swimming pools, nine bars and eleven restaurants means that it never gets crowded and you can enjoy that relaxing experience that you deserve. A broad range of nightly entertainment and an excellent kids club there really is something for everyone here.
Another of our favourite features is the private beach – indulge in the views of the sublime coastline, work up a tan on the sun-drenched sand or just go for a swim. This is a holiday that will give you the opportunity to rediscover the joy of the pure and simple. We also love that it is virtually next door to Xcaret Park, which is well worth a visit for its breath-taking archaeological wonder. You don’t have to be an eco-tourist to marvel at the natural sights here – we made the most of snorkelling and bird watching.
Top Tip: You can enjoy unlimited access to Xcaret Park by pre-booking the Unlimited Xcaret Experience – incredible value for money.
Occidental at Xcaret Destination is part of the Occidental range of resorts.
This lovely resort boasts a location that mixes fascinating history with a relaxing beachside ambience. Close by to Xcaret eco-archaeological park, you'll have plenty of opportunity to explore, whilst being nestled on Playa del Carmen will bless you with sugary beaches and plenty of time to unwind.
- The resort is approximately a 45-minute drive from Cancun International Airport
- 10-min drive from Playa del Carmen
There is a total of 765 rooms and suites all featuring air-conditioning, stocked mini-fridge, satellite TV, alarm clock, phone, hair dryer, safe, ironing facilities, cribs and extra beds upon requests
The following room types are available
- Deluxe – spacious, modern-styled rooms with King Size bed or Two Double beds, air conditioning, ceiling fan, flat screen with satellite TV, telephone, coffee maker, alarm clock, in-room minibar, safe-deposit box, hair dryer and bathroom with shower
- Junior Suite – large rooms with Two Double beds or King Size bed with a sofa, balcony or terrace, air conditioning, ceiling fan, flat screen with satellite TV, telephone, coffee maker, alarm clock, in-room minibar, safe-deposit box, hair dryer and bathroom with shower
Make your stay extra special by adding on one of the following packages to either of the above rooms.
- Concierge Package – Offering a platter of fruit, bottle of house wine next day of arrival, premium bath amenities, bathrobes and slippers
- Romance Package – offering a bottle of wine, chocolate covered strawberries next day of arrival,one continental breakfast, one romantic dinner, premium bath amenities, bathrobes and slippers, 25 minutes of relaxing massage per person at the SPA. All reservations must be made in advance.
For added luxury upgrade to the Royal Level, a hotel within a hotel - guests staying in the Royal Level enjoy access to exclusive amenities and VIP services providing an elevated luxury vacation experience including VIP Check-in, exclusive private Royal Level lounge, exclusive Royal Level restaurant, pool and solarium area with Concierge service to assist with restaurant and spa reservations
- Royal Level Luxury – the rooms have a King size bed or two double beds with balcony or a terrace offering private bathroom with shower and hot tub, air conditioning with individual control, ceiling fan, 1 flat screen TV, DVD player, telephone, electronic safety deposit box, iron and ironing board, plush bathrobes & slippers, hair dryer, VIP bath amenities and a minibar
- Royal Level Suite – This room category features a large dining room, living room with a sofa, and large balcony or terrace. The bedroom has a king size bed or two double beds, private bathroom with shower and hot tub, air conditioning with individual control, ceiling fan, 2 flat screen TV, DVD player, telephone, electronic safety deposit box, iron and ironing board, plush bathrobes & slippers, hair dryer, VIP bath amenities and a minibar
- Le Buffet – international buffet
- Sonora Grill – Mexican-style steakhouse
- Los Olivos – Mediterranean and Italian cuisine
- La Hacienda – delicious Mexican cuisine
- D’Oriental – a la carte Asian cuisine
- El Pescador – a la carte fish and seafood
- La Piazza – pizzeria
- Paco’s Tacos – tacos and light Mexican fare
- El Lago – snack bar
- Beach Club – snack bar
When dining, closed in shoes must be worn, bathing suits must be covered and men must not wear tank tops or sleeveless shirts. After 6.30pm men have to wear long trousers and women have to wear dresses, slacks or culottes (no shorts or short outfits).
No reservations are necessary for the hotels
- Kids club for 4-12 year olds every day 9am - 5pm
- Children activities such as fun in the pool, guided tour of the dolphinarium and discovering the local flora and fauna
- 18-hole minigolf for the whole family to enjoy
- Trips available to the Mayan Ruins of Tulum or Chichen Itza (UNESCO site)
- Food available for children at the Kids club
- Babysitting can be arranged (additional charge)
- Set on a truly stunning beach
- Five outdoor swimming pools (three freshwater, one salt water adults only pool and one children's pool)]
- Swim-up bar
- Private cove where you can swim with tropical fishes
- Steam Room
- Two tennis courts
- Paddle tennis court
- Five star PADI diving shop with excursions and classes on offer - guests can hire equipment or gain certificates
- Steam room
- Dance Lessons
- Fitness studio
- Spa with hydro massages and sauna sessions
- Mayan Welcome from 19:00 in the lobby
- Theatre live music shows nightly from 21:00 onwards
- Palenque Disco - international drinks and music included (18+ only open 10:30pm to 2am)
- 11 restaurants - buffet style and specialities ranging from Mexican, Asian, Seafood, Fine meats and Italian-mediterranean
- 10 bars offering national and international drinks (including a nightclub)
- Drinks including soft drinks, house wine, beer, spirits, cocktails and hot drinks
- Seven swimming pools
- Lounge chairs (hammocks) and towels at the swimming pool and on the beach
- Fitness Centre
- Sports including 2 tennis courts, shuffleboard, minigolf, archery and paddle court
- All non-motorised water sports
- Kids club with supervised activities
- Day and evening entertainment
- Use of sunbeds, beach towels and hammocks
Honeymooners will receive:
- Special welcome letter
- Strawberries covered in chocolate and bottle of sparkling wine next day of arrival
- Free upgrade upon arrival subject to availability
- Premium bath amenities, bathrobes and slippers
- Continental breakfast in bed one (1) morning during the stay (Reservations must be made in advance with concierge)
The marriage certificate must be presented upon the arrival and not more than 6 months old.