Bermuda holidays - Blissful beaches and stunning vistas
Sunshine, gorgeous beaches, vibrant nightlife and restful retreats – a Bermuda holiday has it all. It is Britain’s oldest colony and the influences of Africa and Europe are integral to its heritage, but there’s more than a little flavour from its American neighbours too. The sun-dappled beaches are glorious year-round, making this a beautiful spot for those seeking some winter sun.
History, culture and a wealth of activities in Bermuda
Enjoy a tranquil Caribbean holiday
Far north of the rest of the Caribbean, Bermuda sits in delightful seclusion away from North America to the east of North Carolina’s coast. While it’s a long way from the rest of the Caribbean, the beaches are just as amazing and the lifestyle is just as relaxed.
Bermuda is a British overseas territory and you can see a strong Anglophile attitude across the country, whether it’s in the love of cricket or the stiff-upper-lip ethos that the people hold onto. However, Bermudan’s are famously friendly and love to start conversations with strangers. The love of cricket is easy to see, especially the four days in the late summer where all business closes and instead locals focus on the heart-pumping annual cricket match between Hamilton and Saint George - Bermuda's two largest towns.
Why holiday in Bermuda?
- Bermuda retains an extremely exclusive feel – it could be the ultimate Caribbean island if you’re looking for a romantic, intimate experience
- The beaches are beautiful, and not always in a conventional way; the unusual pink sand makes for a beautiful backdrop to your relaxation
- The multitude of shipwrecks and vast coral reefs make Bermuda great for diving and snorkelling experiences
- This is a true golfer’s paradise – Bermuda has the most golf courses per square mile in the world
- You’ll get the chance to visit the historic town of St. George, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It’s oldest inhabited British overseas settlement
Inspired? Tropical Sky also arranges Caribbean holidays in other destinations including Barbados, Mexico, Jamaica, Antigua, St Lucia, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Grenadines, Cuba, Tobago, Cayman Islands, Aruba, Anguilla and St Kitts and Nevis.