Chile holidays - Jaw-dropping scenery and unspoilt parks
Chile really is something special - a country that almost defies geographical logic, there's barely a climate or scenery you won't find here. From deserts and glaciers, to volcanic landscapes and cities, Chile is a destination you could explore for eternity. So far mostly untouched by tourism and development, now is the time to explore this jaw-dropping land.
Inspired travel with our expertise
Discover multiple landscapes that defy expectation
A country of contrasts, ribbon-like Chile defies belief. Spanning 4300km in length and with an average width of just 175km, it seems almost impossible that this land even exists. But once you delve into the breadth of geographical offerings Chile provides, it becomes clear that the topography is just the beginning - arid wastelands, glacial formations and domineering mountains are just some of the visual encounters you’ll be faced with.
Chile is a fascinating country. Distinctive and stunning, it’s home to more than just scenic extremes. The people here are friendly, polite and welcoming. A culinary adventure awaits you in the form of exotic fruits, plump shellfish and delectable regional dishes. And the atmosphere remains tranquil and relaxed from region to region. This inviting melting pot creates a truly unique travel experience that’s quite unlike anywhere else.
Why visit Chile?
- Santiago, the country’s capital, is a cosmopolitan city with a wealth of museums, galleries and colonial architecture to explore.
- Easter Island is a secluded volcanic island that sits in the middle of the Pacific Ocean – the intriguing stone statues and fascinating history of the area makes this island a must-visit.
- The Patagonian region is home to inert ice caps, vast fjords and mirror-like lakes.
- The northern region of Chile is where you’ll find the Atacama Desert – the driest desert in the world. This natural wonder is a stark scene of salt marshes, volcanoes and parched landscape.
- Often overlooked in favour of more renowned sights, Middle Chile has so much to offer – verdant vineyards, a traditional cowboy culture and charming coastal cities.