Colombia is the ideal destination for both nature lovers and city explorers, in addition to foodies and cultural enthusiasts in equal measure. This virtually untouched land is adorned by golden Caribbean coast, magnificent Andean summits and picturesque colonial communities which overflow in history through narrow cobblestone pathways and centuries-old architecture. This 7-night independent tour explores two of the nation’s most diverse and fascinating cities: Bogota, the country’s capital, and Cartagena, the undisputed queen of the Caribbean coast.
Starting in Colombia’s beating heart, Bogota is cradled by the snow-capped peaks of the Andes and overflows in rich colonial history and beauty. You’ll enjoy around three days in this sophisticated metropolis, including a full-day tour of the capital’s greatest sights – including the cultural epicentre of Le Candelaria, the Monserrate Hill and a pre-Columbian salt cathedral built 180 metres below the surface in the town of Zipaquira.
You’ll then hop on a flight to the beautifully-preserved city of Cartagena, which lies within an incredible 13 kilometres of colonial stone walls. You’ll explore the UNESCO World Heritage Listed Old Town – a maze of cobblestone alleys and spectacular, pastel-shaded churches which tower against the cobalt sky. You’ll enjoy a full tour of the historic city and an entire day at leisure before heading out on a full-day tour to Isla Del Encanto, home to beautiful coral beaches and vibrant tropical reefs for a day of relaxation before your return home.
- Explore the capital’s (Bogota) famous historic centre, including Plaza de Bolivar, National Capitol, Casa de los Comuneros, Casa de Narino and the Santa Clara Church Museum
- Admire the beautiful blend in contemporary architecture and centuries-old colonial buildings in Cartagena, a delicately preserved city with a UNESCO-Listed Old Town
- Visit El Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas, one of Cartagena’s most iconic landmarks with a fascinating history dating over 480 years.
- Delight in the spectacular coral beaches and abundant tropical marine life in Isla Del Encanto, located in the south of Baru as part of the Carales del Rosario National Park
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
- Hassle-free - book direct quickly and easily
- Choice of airlines and the option to switch
- A friendly, family run business with a wealth of experience.
- Great deals on offer for multiple destinations
- No amendment fees
- Low deposits