7 nights Bed & Breakfast from £1,549 per Person Including Flights
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Based in Lamu’s quiet coastal town of Shela, Peponi Hotel is charming property that is perfect for relaxation in a beautiful desert island-style setting. The small size and exclusive feel leads to a very friendly atmosphere. The hotel was originally opened by the Korshen family in 1967, and still has much of its charming character.
You can simply relax on the beautiful Shela Beach or enjoy some of the excellent activities including a wide range of water sports and some wonderful excursions across Lamu. The gardens boast one of the largest collections of tropical palms on the Kenyan coast, and the swinging hammocks are the ideal spot to relax with a book in hand. You can also look forward to quiet evenings dining at the hotel and enjoying cocktails at the bar.
Peponi Hotel is perfect as the second half of a twin-centre holiday in Africa. You can go on an amazing safari experience, and then to relax visit this tranquil place to unwind and enjoy the calmness – talk to one of our friendly team to get a tailor-made quote.
Peponi is perched at one end of the 12km sugary sand Shela Beach on Lamu, offering a tranquil and remote spot to relax and enjoy the authentic Swahili charm. Shela Beach is one Kenya’s most unspoilt beaches.
You will need to fly to Lamu air strip, where you’ll be transferred to the hotel by boat.
On your return trip, you will need to overnight in Nairobi.
There is a total of 28 rooms, all featuring:
- Overhead fans
- Mosquito nets
- Personal safes
- Ocean views
- Standard Rooms – The smallest rooms, with the standard amenities. Featuring either a double bed, two twins, or three beds.
- Superior Rooms – Slightly larger rooms, with gorgeous ocean rooms. Featuring either a double bed, or two twins.
- Peponi Hotel offers delicious dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, concentrating on fresh seafood and a traditional Swahili style of cooking. Your meals can be as laidback or as formal as you like, dining either in the formal dining room, on the roof terrace, or even under the stars
- The hotel’s bar is popular with Shela village locals, and has a great menu of cocktails including the house drink ‘Old Pal’.
- Fresh water swimming pool
- Wonderful stretch of sand at Shela Beach
- PADI instructor courses from absolute beginner to Dive Master
- Water sports, including kitesurfing, water skiing and snorkelling
- Deep sea fishing
- Dhow trips
Departure Dates & Prices
|Departure Dates||Prices From|
|7 nights||14 nights|
|19 Feb - 30 Apr 18||£1619||£2699|
|01 Jul - 10 Jul 18||£1549||£2549|
|11 Jul - 18 Aug 18||£1899||£2859|
|19 Aug - 30 Nov 18||£1559||£2559|
Prices correct as at 6pm on 18 Feb 2018. Please call for final price. Prices are per person based on 2 adults sharing a room. Other durations available - call for quote.
|Kenya Airways||London Heathrow||Economy|
Kenya Airways flights are available from Heathrow (economy class only). Regional connecting flights are also available. Air fares vary considerably so a variety of airlines may be included in your quote to ensure you are presented with the best available price. If you would prefer to fly from a different airport or with a different airline, our Travel Consultants will be happy to adjust this at the time of enquiry and a supplement may apply. Alternative airlines with flights to Nairobi include Emirates, British Airways, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines and KLM.
|Board Basis||Room Type|
|Bed & Breakfast||Superior Room|