Best of Costa Rica
from £1,949 per person
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
This is a 10-day independent itinerary staying in comfortable hotels and allowing you the freedom to choose the activities to suit you. Guided tours of the Tortuguero Canals and National Park are included, but otherwise you can choose from river rafting, mountain biking or horseback riding in La Fortuna, or simply visit the hot springs and settle down at the swim-up bar. You will then be transferred to the beautiful beaches of Guanacaste, where you can choose to go snorkelling, boating, fishing, cycling and horseback riding, or just relax on the beach enjoying the sun.
- Guided tours of the Tortuguero Canals and National Park
- At La Fortuna opt to go river rafting, rappelling, kayaking, windsurfing, horseback riding or cycling all at the foot of the Arenal Volcano
- A stay in the coastal region of Guanacaste, where you can relax or choose to go snorkelling, sailing, cycling and more
Arrive into San Jose and take your private transfer to your hotel. Depending on your arrival time, you may have chance to explore this exciting city or you may just want to acclimatise with an evening in a local restaurant.
An early start to be taken by road to pick up a boat and then cruise through canals where you will be able to view and photograph the wildlife in this tropical paradise. At Tortuguero, the rainforest gives way to beautiful beaches, a wonderful nesting ground for several species of turtles.
On your second day you will enjoy guided tours of the Tortuguero Canals and National Park, and should see toucans, parrots, iguanas, monkeys and many more species.
NB: the entrance fee of USD10 per person into the national park is not included
Breakfast, lunch and dinner included for both days
La Fortuna / Arenal
An afternoon drive to your hotel near the Arenal Volcano, taking around 3.5 hours, where you will stay for a couple of nights. Lake Arenal at the base of the volcano, is where you will be able to enjoy windsurfing, kayaking and other watersports. This area is a birders paradise with over 600 species, and you can also enjoy hiking the nature trails, or for the more daring you can climb a ladder to participate in a canopy tour. Other numerous activities include horseback riding, mountain biking and river rafting.
Breakfast included for both days
Guanacaste / Beach area
A morning transfer to the coast where you can have a few days relaxing and whenever you want opting to go surfing, snorkelling, sailing, fishing, golf or horseback riding. The beaches here on the north west Pacific coast are considered to be Costa Rica’s best, so you can just kick back and enjoy the sun.
Breakfast included for all three days
Free morning to enjoy more time at the beach, then return to San José in the afternoon. Free evening in San José.
Transfer to the airport for your return flight
- International flights, arrival & departure transfer
- Internal travel: Shared van; boat; walking (all transportation between destinations and to/from activities)
- Comfort hotels (9 nights)
- 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners (Allow USD95-125 per person for meals not included)
- Guided tours of the Tortuguero Canals & National Park (entrance fee USD10 not included)
- Local guides
- Tips and gratuities