Mixed Board Basis 7 nights from £1,799 per person
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
Unearth the cultural and archaeological treasures of the Inca Trail on this 8-day adventure. Combining mountainscapes with culture, wildlife with cloud forests and jungles, you’ll explore the very best of this region, with plenty of knowledge imparted from your expert guides along the way. This tour promises to be an amazing journey through one of the most unique parts of the world, ensuring that your first glimpse of Machu Picchu is one to remember for many years to come. (GA)
- Take time to admire the beauty of Cusco
- Visit the ruins of Ollantaytambo and the Sacred Valley
- Head to some of the smaller ruin sites along the Inca Trail
- Visit Machu Picchu – a mysterious and beautiful landmark
Arrive into Lima and transfer to your hotel – the remainder of the day is yours to explore at leisure.
Take an early flight to Cusco and spend the day exploring at leisure, with the chance to take part in an optional city tour. There will be chance for shopping, visiting the colonial buildings and wandering around the museums while you’re here.
Take a full-day guided tour of the Sacred Valley and the ruins of Ollantaytambo, with the chance to visit a local women’s weaving project in the community. There will also be the opportunity to visit an indigenous village for lunch and time to wander around a local artisan market for a spot of shopping.
(Breakfast and lunch included)
Inca Trail/Machu Picchu
Embark on a four-day guided tour of the Inca Trail over the next few days, beginning by trekking through beautiful scenery with a variety of flora, changing with the seasons, passing several smaller ruin sites like Llactapata. From here, you’ll traverse Warmiwañusca or Dead Woman’s Pass, as it is known, before heading across two more passes on day three. On your final day, you’ll reach the goal of the trek – Machu Picchu. There will be time for a guided tour then you can explore on your own, admiring the sights. Take a bus down to Aguas Calientes afterwards where you can relax and unwind before heading to Cusco in the evening.
(Four breakfasts, three lunches and three dinners included)
Depart from Cusco today.
- International flights
- Internal travel: plane; train; van; hiking
- Hotels (4 nights), camping (3 nights)
- 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners (Allow USD100-160 for meals not included)
- Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins guided tour with visit to a women's weaving project and lunch at the Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco; an indigenous village visit (full-day); Inca Trail guided hike with cooks and porters (4-day); Handmade biodegradable soap products for use on the Inca Trail; Machu Picchu guided tour
- Representatives in Lima and Cusco; specialist Inca Trail tour guide on hike
- Small group experience; max 16, avg 12