The Inca Trail
6 Nights Small Group Tour from £1,699 per Person Including Flights
- Flights & taxes
- Checked baggage
- ATOL protection
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
This is a fantastic trip for anyone looking to combine breath-taking scenery with adventure and cultural attractions. A seven-day tour, you’ll enjoy four days of trekking along the Inca Trail where you’ll be rewarded with an awe-inspiring collection of mountainscapes, cloud forests, ancient ruins and local village visits. You’ll have the chance to learn more about this inspiring region through the wisdom of your tour guide, as well as meeting local people in the native villages for a truly authentic experience. (GA)
- Explore the continent’s oldest inhabited city – Cusco
- Traverse the Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins, with a trip to an indigenous village
- Take a four-day Inca Trail hike, stopping at Machu Picchu
Arrive at any time and check-in at your hotel. There are no planned activities so you can spend the remainder of the day enjoying the city, visiting the colonial churches and the historic art.
Travel through the Sacred Valley today, where you’ll visit a local women’s weaving co-operative, the Pisac ruins, an artisan market where you can do a spot of shopping and the impressive ruin site of Ollantaytambo which neighbours the town of the same name. You’ll also have chance to visit Huchuy Qosco which is an indigenous village.
(Breakfast and lunch included)
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
A challenging but incredibly rewarding hike begins on day three, when you’ll embark on your Inca Trail portion of the trip. This is a 44km hike where you’ll cross three high passes, one of which reaches a staggering 4200m. On day one, you’ll depart from Ollantaytambo and travel through a diverse and changing landscape, passing smaller sites such as Llactapata. On day two, you will being to climb the steep path to Warmiwañusca or Dead Woman’s Pass as it is more commonly known. This is the highest point of the trek, but there will be plenty of time to rest in the afternoon when you’ll reach camp.
On day three, you will cross two more passes and ruins, with views of Cordillera Vilcabamba and Urubamba Valley along the way. You’ll reach the ruins of Phuyupatamarca at 3650m which is known as the ‘Town above the Clouds’. You’ll either camp here or an hour and a half further along.
On your final day of the hike, begin before dawn to reach the Sun Gate before the sun rises. The views of Machu Picchu are amazing – you’ll hike down to this renowned landmark where you’ll enjoy a guided tour and some time to explore at leisure. You can opt to visit the Inca Bridge if time allows, then after your visit you can catch the bus from the Machu Picchu gate and take it down to Aguas Calientes. You’ll return to Cusco in the evening after your meal.
There are two alternatives to the Inca Trail hike – either embark on the Lares Trek through a different route or you can spend two extra days in Cusco before travelling to Machu Picchu.
(Four breakfasts, three lunches and three dinners included)
Depart at any time.
- International flights
- Internal travel: Train; van; hiking
- Hotels (3 nights), camping (3 nights)
- 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners (Allow USD80-120 for meals not included)
- Sacred Valley and Ollantaytambo ruins guided tour with visit to a women's weaving project and lunch at the Sacred Valley Community Restaurant in Huchuy Qosco; an indigenous village trip (full-day); Inca Trail guided hike with cooks and porters (4-day); Handmade biodegradable soap products to use while travelling through the Inca Trail; Machu Picchu guided tour
- Tour guide in Cusco; specialist Inca Trail Tour Guide on hike
- Small group experience; max 16, avg 12
Departure Dates & Prices
|Departure Dates||Prices From|
|6 Nights Small Group Tour|
|22 Oct - 31 Oct 16||£1839|
|01 Nov - 13 Dec 16||£1699|
|14 Dec - 26 Dec 16||£2189|
Prices correct as at 6pm on 21 Oct 2016. Please call for final price. Prices are per person based on 2 adults sharing a room. Other durations available – call for quote. Daily departures . Different hotels of a similar standard may be used on certain departures. Supplements may apply on dates within certain dates during peak travel periods. (GA)
|Board Basis||Room Type|
|Bed & Breakfast||Standard Room|