Located 3,700km away from Chile’s mainland, Easter Island, natively known as ‘Rapa Nui’, is a remote speck in the Chilean Pacific, while it may be hard to get to it is definitely worth the effort.
With almost 900 human carved stone figures weighing an average of 125kg and standing at a height of 13 feet, the stories behind the considerable efforts of these monuments remains a mystery to this day. Explore these intriguing, logic-defying archaeological wonders and listen to the legends that surround them on guided tours which will take you to Akahanga temple ruins, the ancient ceremonial site of Ahu Akivi and to the edge of a volcano crater, admiring fresh water lagoon views and enormous craters. Spending an afternoon on the gorgeously unspoiled white sands of Anakena beach with calming waves and a warm turquoise sea year round, there is plenty for you to admire.
By evening return to your hotel of choice and relax by the pool before indulging in a dinner at the hotel or wander into the local harbour town of Hanga Roa to sample the local seafood (TUR).
- Take a guided tour around the Akahanga temple ruins
- Swim in the warm turquoise sea of Anakena beach
- Venture up volcanoes admiring the huge craters and lakes
- Learn the fascinating legends around the ancient ceremonial city of Orongo
- Admire a one of a kind destination with remote authenticity
- Tour Guide and Meals as stated
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
- Hassle-free - book direct quickly and easily
- Choice of airlines and the option to switch
- A friendly, family run business with a wealth of experience.
- Great deals on offer for multiple destinations
- No amendment fees
- Low deposits