Zanzibar Serena Hotel
Bed & Breakfast from £99 per person per night
- In resort assistance & 24 hour contact centre
A boutique hideaway in the heart of historic Stone Town, Zanzibar Serena Hotel shows off a very different side of Zanzibar. This is no by-the-numbers beach hotel; instead you’ll find a heritage property with real character and a luxurious feel.
The hotel accommodation is airy and comfortable with free Wi-Fi and complimentary mineral water in every room. On arrival you’re treated like old friends with a cool towel and a refreshing glass of juice – a lovely touch after your journey. Once you’ve settled in you can make use of the resort’s chilled-out pool area or take the complimentary transfer service to the resort’s private beach, called the Mangapwani Beach Club.
The real beauty of the lodge is its stunning location – you’ll find yourself surrounded by palaces, mosques, dhow harbours and bustling bazaars. This is your gateway to the fascinating past and lively present of Zanzibar as you explore the history and culture of Stone Town. Ideal for a short stay or as a part of a multi-centre holiday in Africa, Zanzibar Serena Hotel offers a truly unique experience.
The hotel is situated on the sea front of Stone Town, enjoying stunning views over the Indian Ocean. Stone Town is one of the most unique locations in Zanzibar – in fact even in the whole of Tanzania – and has been granted UNESCO World Heritage status. It is home to a range of amazing historical buildings that you can easily explore, including the House of Wonders palace, the Old Fort and a range of beautiful mosques and cathedrals.
- The transfer from Zanzibar’s airport takes around 20 minutes
There is a total of 51 rooms all featuring:
- Air conditioning
- Free Wi-Fi
- Satellite TV
- In-room safe
- Free mineral water
The following room types are available:
- Standard Rooms – decorated in traditional Swahili style, these rooms have king-size beds or twin beds
- Prime Rooms – these spacious rooms are furnished with luxurious four-poster beds
- Suites – these large suites have a separate living room and offer jaw-dropping views over the waterfront of Stone Town
- The Baharia – all day dining with a mixture of international cuisine and local flavours, there’s also a weekly Swahili banquet served around the pool
- The Terrace Restaurant – specialising in fresh seafood, this charming restaurant enjoys lovely views over the bay making it a great choice for a romantic meal with your partner
- Masahani Bar – relaxed Swahili-style bar with evening performances by Taarab orchestras
- Pool Terrace – serving drinks and snacks the pool
- Mdele Coffee Shop – located opposite the pool you can get coffee, pastries and a range of other drinks
- Mangapwani Beach Barbeque – located a little way from the resort, this exclusive beach spot serves a seafood buffet lunch
- Room service is also available
- Swimming pool
- Maisha spa services including massages, body scrubs, waxing, manicures, pedicures and facials
- Gift shop
- Laundry services available
- Children’s menu available, with high chairs on request
- Children’s playground
- Babysitting available (additional cost)